Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Family Reunion

Sorry everyone for being so flakey about the family reunion. Things have been so crazy since we had to take most of a week off work to be with Brian's family and now trying to play catch up. As for the Aug 24th date -- two of my kids wouldn't be able to go and I talked to Sandy and she said Scott wouldn't be able to go either. I've also been stressed about going that week because things are so crazy at work.

We talked to our friend with the cabin the other day. He is checking to see if it would be available for the weekend of Sept 7th. If that works for everyone, maybe we can plan for then. If the cabin doesn't work out, maybe we could even meet in Idaho Falls somewhere. Does anyone have any other ideas for a weekend in September? We couldn't do the 14th or 21st since those are the days Jennifer is planning to go to the temple.

Hopefully we can still work it out to make this happen. I'll talk to everyone soon.

Love Jean

2 comments:

Sue said...

The 24th was so stressful with my work also. I'm glad we are not doing it that weekend. The only problem I can see with Sept 7th is School???????? Kaley is in a charter school that doesn't start till the middle of Sept, however, all the other schools around here start on Monday. If Island Park does not work out, everyone is welcome to camp at my house. We have that big piece of land behind our house we keep mowed that we could pitch tents or park trailers in. We have the fire pit in the back yard and a good size gas grill on the deck. The green belt is close by that we could spend some time at, either going for a walk around the falls or sitting under a shady tree to visit. The offer is open.

Sue said...

P.S. I just talked to MY family. I totally forgot Devri has 2 kids in school. It is not good to pull them out of school the first weeks of school. Nikki's job schedule is changing due to the school thing and pretty much her big day at work is going to be on Fridays. Also, Ryan's job is becoming mandatory on Fridays to be there due to the overload they start getting with the onset of Christmas. My suggestion at this point is to bag everyone getting together this year........having a get together on just Sat.......or Sat/Sun. Also I have made an "executive" decision to open my home up for Thanksgiving this year to anyone who would like to come. As you all know, our home is not a mansion......but we can all pretend it is!!!!!!!! I say.....the more, the merrier!