Monday, October 29, 2007

THANKSGIVING DINNER ASSIGNMENTS

I'm finally getting around to thinking about Thanksgiving dinner! FIRST AND FOREMOST....everyone has to keep an open mind!!!!! I figure there is going to be about 47 people here. We are going to heat the garage and eat out there. Before anyone freaks out, my garage is pretty clean for a garage. It is all sheet rocked and painted and I'm looking into getting the floor done. We have got enough banquet tables to seat everyone. Dad is bringing all his folding chairs. He has about 25 of them and I think I will put him in charge of finding enough for everyone!

MOM - I put her in charge of making HOMEMADE rolls.....yum
NIKKI - pistachio pudding salad and some kind of a pecan pie.
ANDY & SUE - Turkey, Sweet potatoes (Candied Yams), Mashed potatoes & gravy, Sliced Green Beans, Cranberries. Plates, utensils, cups, napkins....ya know...all that kind of stuff.
JEAN - Ham, Stuffing & green olives! Vegi Tray, with Black Olives.
SANDY - Shrimp salad
LORINDA - Fruit Salad, Fruit Pies, & Chocolate Cream Pies.
KATIE - Pumpkin Pie, (Made fresh).

Here are some other things we might want. If you can think of anything more, add it to the list.
beverage (do we want something other than ice water?)

I think this about covers it. Remember if there is something that one of the "in-laws" have for their usual tradition, bring it! I will never forget Rins first experience of having Thanksgiving dinner away from home and not having the fruit salad with the whip cream on the top!!!!! Sometimes things just have to be a certain way!!!!! That's why I assigned Brian the 'GREEN OLIVES' !!!!!!!

Love you all and look forward to a fun day.

Sue

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, did you forget I was coming, or did Andy think you better call me because I don't check the blog as often as I should? ha ha. I did get it fixed on my new home page, what do you know? Unless you have something specific you want me to bring I will bring the fruit salad, with whipped cream and nuts on top of course, and some fruit pies and chocolate cream pies for Val's sake. Sorry I've never made a pumpkin pie. That is Mom's specialty! Let me know if that will work for you.
Lorinda

Jean Snoke said...

Sue,
I think the garage sounds great! I can't believe there are so many of us!

I'll also bring a vegi tray. Brian will be thrilled that you remembered green olives!

We can't wait! It will be fun!!!

Jean

Sandy Hymas said...

Sounds like a blast! How about adding black olives to the list, (or do they go with the relish tray). Are Yams on the list?

Jean Snoke said...

I'll bring black olives with the vegi tray.

katie k hymas said...

I can make a pumpkin pie, if it's okay that I make it at Sue's house when we get there.
Katie

Sandy Hymas said...

Do I really have to put anchovies in the shrimp salad?

Sandy Hymas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This sounds like a WONDERFUL menu. I'm especially looking forward to the chocolate covered ants and anchovies!

Anonymous said...

The menu sounds WONDERFUL! I'm especially looking forward to the chocolate covered ants.